Spokane Public Radio is seeking a dynamic, engaging, professional journalist to host NPR’s Morning Edition (5-9a, weekdays), as well as serve as news and digital content producer. This person works both collaboratively and independently to provide context to regional and national news, uses independent judgment to produce content for both on-air and digital audiences. A desired candidate would have a curious mind with an affinity towards the arts, a desire to connect with people, and an understanding of SPR’s mission.
- At least two years radio hosting experience, preferably in news
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong written and editorial skills are essential
- Proficiency in digital software such as Adobe Audition or Hindenburg
- Knowledge of and adherence to journalistic ethics
- Strong organizational skills, ability meet deadlines and work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
- Familiarity with Spokane Public Radio and public radio in general
- Strong understanding of audience-focused engagement
- Knowledge of digital platforms and social media best practices
Please send cover letter, resume, and links to your written and audio work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, June 15.
No phone calls please.
This is a full-time position, medical and additional benefits offered.
SPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minority Applicants are encouraged to apply.