The Light Factory is seeking a full-time assembly associate who will be responsible for assembling our light fixtures by hand in our Spokane studio. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, attention to detail and a willingness to learn. Candidate must be organized with their time and physical space, as well as build fixtures efficiently, carefully and consistently. The position is full-time permanent with a competitive wage and benefits. Work hours are onsite from Mon-Fri , from 9am-5pm, 40 hours/week. LGBTQIA+ friendly workspace.
The Light Factory is a female owned and operated business located in the Pacific Northwest. We take pride in designing timeless modern fixtures, handcrafting them in our studio for each client’s specific needs.
• Hand-build a variety of light fixtures with attention to quality standards
• Cleaning and preparation of metal and glass parts and finished hardware
• Regular handling of all lighting parts and completed fixtures in a protective and careful manner
• Efficiently meet deadlines to ensure all orders are shipped on time.
• Maintain neat organization in work space daily
• Report to Production Manager
• Team player willing to learn, improve and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
• Prior work experience in relevant manufacturing field such as light fixture assembly and/or high-end metal fabrication is a plus, but not required
• Must be extremely adept with your hands, with a high level of attention to craft and detail
• Ability to learn how to efficiently and safely handle, move, pack, unpack, load, unload sensitive and valuable light fixtures
• On-the-job creativity, flexibility as well as problem solving skills
• Physically able to lift and handle large, fragile and heavy light fixtures, up to 50lbs, on a regular basis
• Electrical and soldering experience is a plus and knowledge of hand tools, but not required
• Interest in Art and Design