Are you an author or group looking to be featured at Get Lit! Festival in 2021? Do you have an idea for an event that you would like to be part of? You’re in luck! You can submit here to be part of the 23rd annual festival, April 15th-18th, 2021. The Get Lit! Festival presents readings, writing workshops, craft classes, panel discussions, poetry slams, book launches, and other events throughout the week. There is also a book fair each year that features many local and regional small presses, literary magazines, bookstores, writing groups, clubs, etc. Organizations and vendors seeking to be part of the book fair should submit here as well. Get Lit! 2021 is currently planning to include in-person events; however, due to the unpredictable nature of Covid-19, all events will need digital contingency plans, as social distancing and/or stay at home orders could be in effect next April.
Details and submissions here! Deadline to submit is October 1, 2020.
Note that Get Lit! is especially interested in featuring the following:
- Writers of color
- LGBTQ+ writers
- Variously-abled writers
- Events/authors focusing on environmental justice
- Events/authors focusing on criminal justice and incarceration
- True crime authors/events
- Translation/International themes
- Nonfiction writers, especially memoirists
- Events/authors that cross genres
- Events/authors that combine writing with music/art
- Events dealing with gaming and world building
- Topics/themes related to being a writer/artist in the current pandemic