BARCELONA CONTEMPORARY, organized by ITSLIQUID Group, will be held in Barcelona, at Valid World Hall Gallery from June 24 to July 11, 2021.
BARCELONA CONTEMPORARY is a contemporary art fair that presents collective and solo projects by leading and emerging international artists. The 2nd edition will represent a forum for the direct exchange of ideas and contacts between collectors, artists, photographers, designers, and art professionals. The art fair features paintings, sculptures, photography art, installations, video art, and live performance. BARCELONA CONTEMPORARY provides artists and exhibitors with the unique opportunity to present their works to an international audience of professionals as curators, gallerists, collectors, editors, and publishers who seek to acquire, publish and encourage the best contemporary art talents.
The participation includes the following services
– Exhibition space dedicated to the artist’s works
– Assistance with customs formalities, international shipping, and local transport
– Assistance in finding accommodation for the artist
– The design and the printing of invitation cards, posters
– The global and local press office, publicity, press, banners, totem, etc.
– The realization of the exhibition website and dedicated press releases
– Mounting and dismounting of the exhibition
– Exhibitions opening event with drinks and food
– A one-day dedicated presentation, talk, or workshop focusing on the artist’s career
– A dedicated interview published on ITSLIQUID website and spread on our social networks
– Providing services and drinks for small meetings at the exhibition places for invited guests
COVID-19 Protection Concept – The health and safety of our staff and visitors are of predominant importance to ITSLIQUID Group. This Protection Concept governs how we intend to operate after the lockdown has ended, the rules that will be applied inside the exhibition spaces, and how these will be implemented in practice.
To take part in the selection, send your works with a CV/biography, some still images (for video-art), links of videos/performances, and pictures via e-mail to email@example.com.
BARCELONA CONTEMPORARY 2021 analyzes the relationship between body and space, and the hybridization between identities and cultural/physical/social/urban settings in contemporary time, through two main sections: MIXING IDENTITIES and FUTURE LANDSCAPES.
MIXING IDENTITIES analyzes the hidden parts of our identities, through an immersive experience inside the fascinating universe of the complex labyrinths of our consciousness. The human body is a changing system that connects us with other bodies and spaces to perceive the surrounding reality; a strong communication system with its own language and infinite ways of expression.
FUTURE LANDSCAPES are abstract, infinite, and conceptual, associated with a sense of freedom and infinite extension. Primarily experienced with the mind, spaces redefining their limits and borders, transforming surfaces in open flow of pure ideas. This section focuses on the concept of the borders and the structures between body, mind and soul, the human identity and the city, the space and the ground.