KSPS is looking for an imaginative, self-directed, and organized team member for a new position, the Arts & Culture coordinator. Their overall responsibility will be to assist with the development, production, and presentation of Arts & Culture programming for KSPS. Our ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and be a well-connected member of the Arts community in the Spokane region. Self-motivation, personal accountability, innovation, imagination, and flexibility, will be key characteristics to ensure success in the definition and development of this new position.
The new A&C coordinator will be an independent contractor, working about 20 hours per week, with flexible hours depending on the work at hand and your own schedule. With success of the programming, and growth of financial support for our efforts, the job could move to FTE.
The A&C coordinator, an administrative member of the Production Team, working under the direction of the Production Manager, will assist in the production of Inland Sessions and other productions of KSPS PBS.
- Identifying and recruiting performers and community personalities to participate in A&C programming, maintaining KSPS standards of inclusion and diversity to reflect all the people of the Inland Northwest.
- Coordinating studio and remote recording sessions for Inland Sessions and other KSPS PBS productions
- Administering promotion of KSPS productions: press releases, on-air spot oversight, social media oversight and website development (in concert with KSPS digital specialist)
- Attending to prompt payment of hired performers.
- Monitoring compliance with A&C budget
- Monitoring compliance with A&C grants
- Interact with KSPS Development and Education staff to assist in writing, executing, and auditing grands and developing educational resources based on programming
- Proficiency with Excel, Word.
- Creative writing skills: Must have the ability to write engaging bios of performers, press releases, social media releases and scripts for on-air promotional spots.
Please respond with resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org