Spectrum Singers seeks a part-time (average of 5 hours per week) Artistic Director/Conductor (AD). The priority application deadline is July 20, 2021, but applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The Artistic Director’s primary job is to design a musical program that aligns with the choir’s mission, facilitate learning of that music, and conduct performances that bring that artistic vision to life. The AD is also a member of the leadership team, serving as a non-voting member of the board of directors. This position is for a 10-month contract, which can renew on an annual basis. Please send your cover letter, resume, references, as well as a brief artistic sample (video is preferred, if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please check out the job posting at https://spokanespectrumsingers.com/job-posting-spectrum-singers-artistic-director/ or email us with questions at email@example.com.
- Education and practical experience in choral directing and leadership
- Strongly preferred: Master’s degree in choral leadership with an educational concentration; BA or BM possible with substantive field experience.
- Experienced with diverse choral groups that include youth and adults, as well as experienced and inexperienced choral members
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience programming a wide array of repertoire, notably
regarding the struggle of minority populations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background checK