Downtown Spokane is seeking submissions of original art by local artists for promotional materials to be used for First Fridays in 2020 and 2021.
First Friday is in its 18th year and features local artists in partnership with businesses throughout the downtown core. Visitors enjoy visual arts displays, music and performances as well as wine tasting with local wineries. Your artwork, if selected will be used on posters, postcards, event maps and other promotional materials.
- Selected artwork will be cropped and printed on a 12 x 18 Poster, of which 100 will be printed and made available for free to the public attending First Friday.
- Selected artist will have an opportunity to display their artwork on First Friday with a temporary exhibit and Artist Reception inside River Park Square from 5:00 to 8:00pm.
- Artist name and bio will be included on promotional materials for their selected month of First Friday promotions.
- Artist will be featured in the monthly First Friday Press Release and other media opportunities.
- A $100.00 honorarium will be awarded to each artist whose work is chosen.
- Artwork may be utilized in additional first Friday promotions including promotional sidewalk boards, print and online advertisements, calendars or postcards.
2020/2021 THEME: NEW BEGINNINGS
Following the unprecedented events of 2020, downtown, Spokane, and the entire world is have discovered new ways to connect, adapt, and plan. The 2020/2021 poster theme focuses on how we have adapted, and provides a blank slate for how we view ourselves and our community.
- Digital scan of artwork, JPEG or PDF, 300pixels/inch, 12” x 18” or 3,600 x 5,400 pixels.
- A print of the original artwork is acceptable but must be 12” by 18” in size and usable for vertical posters, postcards, event maps, and other promotional material formats.
- Please take into consideration that the artwork will be overlaid with the First Friday Logo along with dates, times and other information. So keep anything of real interest towards the center or to one side.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 16, 2020
All submissions must include a JPEG of proposed artwork and a completed application form for each individual submission. All submissions must be received by October 16, 2020 and sent to the following address: Downtown Spokane First Friday, 10 N Post #400, Spokane, WA 99201, or emailed to email@example.com.
Final selection will be made on October 23, 2020. Notifications will be made by October 26 for all submissions. The selected artwork will be featured on the Downtown First Friday website, and will be used to promote events at will during the 2020/2021 season.