Event: Communities Rise April Legal Clinic
Date: April 19, 2023
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Where: Held virtually via Zoom
Communities Rise offers free monthly legal clinics to provide legal assistance to Washington based small businesses and nonprofits! Qualifying clients are paired with an attorney for a free 1-hour limited engagement legal consultation to discuss business-transactional matters, such as questions around:
- Incorporation and application for tax exemption status (general questions only)
- Federal Tax-Exempt Status (general questions only)
- Nonprofit Governance
- Business Entity Formation
- Maintenance and Compliance with State and Federal Law
- Advice on Corporate Governance
- Taxes (general questions only)
- Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Risk and Liability Assessment
Please keep in mind that questions which can be answered in a short amount of time are best suited for the clinic due to the 1 hour appointment time limit. As such, the clinic is not suited for document review of documents (leases, contracts, bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, etc) that are longer than 3 pages.