Spokane Arts is partnering with the Spokane County Interstate Fair to support arts at the 2022 Fair on Friday, September 9. There will be 12 different artists on-site painting with spray paints while guests at the Fair observe. Guests will be provided with maps locating the artists on display, inviting them to take the First Friday Art Walk Tour!
The 12 Chosen artists will be provided with:
• A 4 X 8 sheet of plywood to serve as your canvas. This sheet of plywood will be mounted on a stand so you can paint easily. You will need to identify in advance if you want your canvas to be vertical or horizontal.
• The Fair will designate 12 stations around the Fair for each of the 12 artists, and you will be assigned to one station.
• You will be able to bring a 10 X 10 tent, table, product to sell, promotional items, etc.
• You can tour the grounds and check out your assigned station before the Fair so you can plan out your display if desired.
• You will be given 2 admission tickets so that you can bring an extra person to staff your table to promote and sell items for you if you’d like.
• The Fair will pay you $150 to cover some of your costs to paint this piece.
• There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner chosen by judges from Spokane Arts. Guests at the Fair will also vote for the People’s Choice Award. The People’s Choice Award voting will be done digitally through a QR code to download the page and enter their name, zip code, and which artist they vote for.
• The prizes will be $500 to 1st place, $300 to 2nd place, and $200 to 3rd place.